Information on processing of personal data pursuant to art.13 of EU Regulation 2016/679 (General data protection regulation)
This information is provided under art. 13 of Regulation EU 2016/679 – General Data Protection Regulation, and in relation to the personal data which comes into the possession of Cineca Consorzio Interuniversitario (hereinafter Cineca) as a result of the completion of the form for registration in our events and training courses, through the website https://eventi.cineca.it/. Alternatively, the data may have been collected by the teachers of the courses.
We therefore provide you with the following information:
1) IDENTITY AND CONTACT DATA OF THE DATA CONTROLLER
The "Data Controller" is Cineca Consorzio Interuniversitario based in Casalecchio di Reno (BO) in via Magnanelli 6/3 – postal code 40033, in the person of Dr. David Vannozzi, CEO with mandate as regards the subject of personal data protection.
You can contact the Data Controller by writing to the above address or sending an email to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
2) CONTACT DATA OF THE DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
Cineca has a data protection Officer, appointed pursuant to art. 37 of Regulation EU 2016/679. The data protection officer can be contacted at the following email address: email@example.com
3) PURPOSES OF PROCESSING AND LEGAL BASIS OF PROCESSING
Your personal data are processed in order to carry out all the activities required to organize and provide the event or training course in which you are registering (organization and providing of the event or course; access to satisfaction surveys; carrying out of any learning check tests; preparation of attendance certificates).
The legal basis for the processing of the personal data you provide to Cineca is to meet your request to participate in the event or training course you are registering in.
When the courses are delivered in Distance Learning (DL) mode, the course is usually recorded for the following additional purposes:
- tracking, documentation and verification by Cineca;
- further use for participants as a support to teaching;
- possible use by new students at the request of the University organizing the course;
- possible use by Cineca employees.
The legal basis of the processing is the legitimate interest of the Data Controller to improve and extend the educational offer.
With the aim of minimising the personal data processing, during recording participants will have the possibility to disactivate the video mode.
4) PERSONAL DATA RECIPIENTS AND CATEGORIES OF RECIPIENTS
The recipients of the data you provide to us are the Data Controller (CINECA Consorzio Interuniversitario) and any data Processors appointed by Cineca, as well as the natural persons within Cineca who have been charged with processing the data for the above purposes (Course Manager, course/event teachers, staff of the educational secretariat).
Data relating to the courses/events of those enrolled in will also be visible, if it is necessary, to a contact person of the Human Resources department of the institute to which you belong.
If the course is delivered in DL mode, the data necessary for carrying out the training (personal identification data, contact data e.g. email or messaging system ID and possibly video images) will be communicated to the provider of the services connected to the DL. Only the functions of the online platform which are strictly necessary for the courses will be activated. The data being processed, recorded in web information systems, will be stored on servers located in EU countries (for example, in the case of use of the Microsoft Teams platform). Cineca assures as of now that the transfer of data will take place in accordance with the applicable legal provisions. Interested parties are invited to read the conditions of use of the platforms used.
Your personal data will not undergo dissemination.
5) DATA STORAGE PERIOD
The determination of the storage period of your personal data is based on the principle of the need for processing. Your personal data will therefore be stored for as long as necessary to carry out the purposes indicated in par. 3.
The names of the participants in the courses, and any rankings of merit for courses which envisage a selection, are kept for 3 years and then deleted.
Such storage time derives from the need to respond to any requests from the data subject and/or the institute to which they belong regarding the courses held at Cineca (e.g. requests to issue a certificate of attendance following the loss of such certificate, etc.).
Any recording of the course in DL mode will be kept for the period necessary to pursue the purposes set out in point 3.
6) RIGHTS OF THE DATA SUBJECT
Please note that you have the following rights in relation to the personal data provided by you:
1. to have access to your personal data;
2. to obtain the rectification or erasure of your data or the restriction of processing concerning you;
3. to object to the processing;
4. to data portability (right applicable only to data in electronic format), as governed by article 20 of EU Regulation 2016/679;
5. to revoke consent at any time without prejudice to the lawfulness of the processing based on the consent given prior to revocation (it must be pointed out that the right to revoke consent cannot, of course, be exercised in cases where processing is necessary, for example, to fulfil a legal obligation to which the data controller is subject or for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in connection with the exercising of official authority vested in the data controller);
6. to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority
Please note that in order to exercise the above rights (points 1 to 5) you can contact Cineca by sending an email to the following addresses:
Cineca is required to provide you with a reply within one month of the request, extendable up to three months in case of particularly complex requests.
7) MANDATORY OR OPTIONAL NATURE OF DATA PROVISION AND THE CONSEQUENCES OF ANY FAILURE TO PROVIDE DATA
The provision of data is required in order to proceed with the registration in courses and events organized by Cineca.
Failure to provide data will not enable you to proceed with registration in the course or event of interest.