This course will introduce the fundamentals of C++ language, using both procedural and object oriented programming approach. The student will be presented with the key topics of the language in order to have a good starting point for further investigations that will be required according to the specific field of application.
By the end of the course, students will be able to:
- understand the basis of object oriented paradigm
- understand procedural and object oriented C++ code and libraries
- cope with ASCII and raw data files, stream handling and formatting
- write new classes for modeling structured objects and their relationships
- understand pro and cons of templates and polymorphism
- use containers and facilities of the Standard Template Library (STL)
Anybody interested in an introduction to C++ programming.
A good knowledge of C is mandatory.